Six County AOG Data Book - This book contains information about Six County AOG various governing boards, programs, contact information, and other data to help our communities understand all the AOG has to offer.
Monroe City will be located in the old fire house 47 N Main beginning March 5, 2018 thru April 15, 2018 while we are renovating the city offices. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause. City Flyer
Open burn is now permitted, until May 30, however you must go online and obtain a burn permit.Below is press release from Sevier County Sheriff Nate Curtis, and the link to the Utah DEQ for the permit. If you have any questions please call our office at 527-4621.
Our annual tree lighting will be held on December 4, 2017 at 5:30 pm. This year we are changing things up a bit. We will gather in front of the library and have our count down for lights and then the Fire Department will deliver Santa and he will visit with the children in the Carol Theater. Hot chocolate and dougnuts will be served outside of the theater. For more information click on the following link. 11 2017 Newsletter
2017 ELECTION - PUBLIC NOTICE
Public notice is hereby given that the date for persons wishing to file as candidates for the office of Mayor or Monroe City Councilmember are between June 1, 2017 and June 7, 2017. Filing deadline is June 7, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
Qualifications of a candidate for the office of Mayor or City Councilmember are:
(1) Be a United States citizen at time of filing
(2) Be at least 18 years old at the time of the next municipal election
(3) Be a legal resident of Monroe City for a period of 365 consecutive days immediately
preceding the date of the election.
(4) Be a registered voter of Monroe City
(5) In accordance with Utah Constitution Article IV, Section 6, any mentally incompetent person, any person convicted of a felony, or any person convicted of treason or a crime against the elective franchise may not hold office in this state until the right to hold elective office is restored under Section 20A-2-101-5.
Monroe City residents will be electing a Mayor and two Councilmembers to serve four year terms at the general municipal election on November 7, 2017. The Primary Election date is Tuesday, August 15, 2017 (if needed).
Each person wishing to become a candidate for a non-partisan municipal office shall file a declaration of candidacy form or nomination petition in person with the Monroe City Recorder at 10 North Main Street, Monroe, during regular business hours and not later than 5:00 p.m. June 7, 2017. There is no filing fee.
Emalee H. Curtis,
Monroe City Recorder
Published in the Richfield Reaper January 11, 2017
More Articles ...
- Newsletter 11/2016
- 10 10 2017 Monroe City Council MEETING CANCELED LACK OF QUORUM Agenda
- ANNEXATION PUBLIC HEARING
- 2017 MUNICIPAL ELECTIONS
- Best Water in Utah
- Dog Licensing 2015
- 12 23 2014 City Council Meeting Canceled
- PUBLIC POWER 9/14/2015
- November, 2014 City Council Meeting schedule
- 2016 24th of July Celebration
- BEST WATER IN THE STATE AWARD
- 2016 ANNUAL NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETINGS
- MONROE CITY IRRIGATION
- MONROE CITY PUBLIC POWER PICNIC
- Monroe City's new hydroelectric-generating facility