Monroe City will be hosting our annual 24th of July "Pioneer Days in Monroe" on Monday July 24th. Other activities include the BBQ which will be held on Saturday July 22 and the 3 on 3 basketball tournament will be on July 21 & 22. Registering for booths on the park will be opened to the public on June 1, there will be a link here on our webpage along with a link for registering to be in the parade. Further information will be posted as it comes available. If you have questions please call the city office at 435-527-4621.
2017 MUNICIPAL ELECTION NEWS
2017 Election - The City of Monroe will hold an all “Vote by Mail” Municipal Election for the following offices:
* Mayor - 4-year term.
* Two (2) City Council Seats - 4-year term.
Those elected to fill the open positions will take office January, 2018.
Important Election Dates
* Ballots will be mailed out 21 days prior to the election.
* Primary Election Day (if necessary) - August 15, 2017.
* General Election Day - November 7, 2017.
Candidates - If you are interested in filing as a candidate in the election, a Declaration of Candidacy form must be filed in person with the City Recorder at the City Office during the following filing period:
* JUNE 1, 2017 to June 7, 2017.
* 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Candidates for Municipal Office must meet the following requirements:
1. Be a United States Citizen at the time of filing.
2. Be at least 18 years of age at the time of filing.
3. Be a registered voter in the municipality.
4. Be a resident of the municipality for 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the date of the election.
5. Any mentally incompetent person, or any person convicted of a felony, or any person convicted of treason or a crime against the elective franchise may not hold office in this state until the right to vote or hold elective office is restored as provided by statute.
Voter Registration - Have you moved to Monroe in the past year? Have you changed your name? If so, have you updated your voter registration? The last day to register at the County offices and vote in the Primary is August 8th. The last day to register online and vote in the Primary is also August 8th.
Where to Vote - All voting for the 2017 Municipal Election will be conducted as “Vote by mail.”
Questions or concerns, contact Emalee H. Curtis, Monroe City Recorder
You can now register your boys and girls for baseball or softball at the city offices until March 29, 2017