MONROE CITY OFFICE FOR 2019 ELECTION
Public notice is hereby given that the date for persons wishing to file as candidates for the office of Monroe City Councilmember are between June 1, 2019 and June 7, 2019. Filing deadline is June 7, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
Qualifications of a candidate for the office of City Councilmember are:
(1) Be a United States citizen at time of filing
(2) Be at least 18 years old at the time of the next municipal election
(3) Be a legal resident of Monroe City for a period of 365 consecutive days immediately
preceding the date of the election.
(4) Be a registered voter of Monroe City
(5) In accordance with Utah Constitution Article IV, Section 6, any mentally incompetent person, any person convicted of a felony, or any person convicted of treason or a crime against the elective franchise may not hold office in this state until the right to hold elective office is restored under Section 20A-2-101-5.
Monroe City residents will be electing three (3) Councilmembers to serve four-year terms at the general municipal election on November 5, 2019. The Primary Election date is Tuesday, August 13, 2019 (if needed).