Notice: Road Closed signs are for thru traffic only. Local traffic traveling to and from their homes is allowed. Access to homes will not be blocked without notice. If you have questions, please contact Monroe City at 435-527-4621 for additional assistance.
MONROE CITY OFFICE FOR 2019 ELECTION
Public notice is hereby given that the date for persons wishing to file as candidates for the office of Monroe City Councilmember are between June 1, 2019 and June 7, 2019. Filing deadline is June 7, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
Qualifications of a candidate for the office of City Councilmember are:
(1) Be a United States citizen at time of filing
(2) Be at least 18 years old at the time of the next municipal election
(3) Be a legal resident of Monroe City for a period of 365 consecutive days immediately
preceding the date of the election.
(4) Be a registered voter of Monroe City
(5) In accordance with Utah Constitution Article IV, Section 6, any mentally incompetent person, any person convicted of a felony, or any person convicted of treason or a crime against the elective franchise may not hold office in this state until the right to hold elective office is restored under Section 20A-2-101-5.
Monroe City residents will be electing three (3) Councilmembers to serve four-year terms at the general municipal election on November 5, 2019. The Primary Election date is Tuesday, August 13, 2019 (if needed).
Monroe City will be accepting applications for seasonal/part time general maintenance worker. For more information and pdf click here.
More Articles ...
- 2019 MONROE CITY ANNUAL NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETINGS
- ANNEXATION PUBLIC HEARING
- Monroe City Truth in Taxation Public Hearing
- Six County AOG Data Book
- Monroe City Renovations
- Primary Election Unofficial Results
- Best Water in Utah
- BEST WATER IN THE STATE AWARD
- Monroe City's new hydroelectric-generating facility
- CEMETERY NEWS- Cemetery records and map now available online!